Monday, December 24, 2007

Redskins 32 - 21 Vikings

I'm only going to say one thing about this game. The guy sitting right behind me was an irritating loudmouth drunk with verbal diarrhea and no ability to control the volume of his voice, and after railing on for hours and sticking his knees in my back, he was trying to make a grand gesture and whacked me in the head. At the is point, the guy sitting next to me who is usually pretty mild-mannered finally lost it, turned around and told him "It would be easier to listen to if you were a Redskins fan, you know that? You keep talking, you're analyzing every damn play, why don't you put on a headset and broadcast it for us? And you don't know shit about football, or the slightest fucking thing about the Vikings! You either need to stop drinking or shut the fuck up! If there are kids around, I'm sorry for swearing... but fucking shut up already! Just shut up! I can't take it anymore, shut the fuck up!" This was followed by polite applause from me (and I noticed several others) and a long, stunned silence from the row behind us, and then one of the drunk's buddies quietly added with a smirk, "And a Merry Christmas to you, too." That was the highlight of the game... and that really says it all.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a friend of Norah's, a football fanatic, and Bronco fan.
    Just wanted to say I am enjoying your blog. You can find me at "My Gray Morning" (there's a link on Norah's blog).
    And by the way, The Broncos can't stop the run, so if Washington loses next week you've got it made in Denver.

    Curtis

    ReplyDelete