Tuesday, December 05, 2006

If I did it...

Fox has decided not to publish and promote O.J.'s purely speculative treatise about how he might have gone about murdering his ex-wife and her boyfriend.  I shared the horror of the public that forced this, because I also believe O.J. is circumventing Henry Hill laws and cashing in on a criminal act.  I wish the book hadn't been yanked though, because my problem with it is O.J. isn't going far enough.  Nothing can really happen to him that already hasn't, so I wish he'd just say he did it.  This book would have gone a long way towards that, and if O.J. admits he did it we could all move on a bit because nobody could ever claim that there was a vast conspiracy to bring him down.  Well, they still could, since being guilty doesn't actually preclude evidence being planted, but even there, a full confession would help establish any misconduct in the investigation and the trial, if the actual facts could be established.  I suppose I really still don't know if the author of such books as I Want to Tell You, (if) I Did It, and others is guilty or not, but I do like how the titles of those books flow together, and how the "if" really is in a different color from the rest of the title on the jacket cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment