Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Creepy Bee Video

I was trying to look up some information on hornets, yellowjackets, and other wasps to help out Candy Man with the nests they keep building on his deck, and I came up with this really creepy video of 30 hornets taking on a nest of 30,000 bees.  Martin Sheen's narration was apparently inspired by his voice-over musings about Vietnam in Apocalypse Now, and the music really adds a dramatic tinge to the unfolding horror, but the weirdest thing is as the bees are mercilessly torn apart... well, there are human screams dubbed over the footage.  I found that odd anthropomorphic touch to be really, really creepy.  Now, between that video and all the Candy Man jokes I keep thinking of every time I talk to Paul living in the wasp-infested shadow of Cabrini Green, I keep expecting bees to fly up out of everything I touch.  Seriously, I'm too freaked out to even watch the Charlotte Sting (they have center who's like a young, estrogen-rich Arvydas Sabonis), and don't even even bring up Vitesse or Borussia Dortmund.

No comments:

Post a Comment