Tuesday, January 23, 2007

2007 Oscar Nominations

I haven't seen many Oscar contenders this year, but I was pleasantly surprised to find I'd seen seven Oscar nominees and only six Razzie nominees. Usually those numbers are reversed, given the number of awful movies I see. I did find a couple things amiss in this year's nominees, such as Marky Mark getting the only acting nomination for The Depahted, and the total lack of Razzie nominations for the steaming pile of... well, for 16 Blocks. I also see that once again the technical awards form the Oscar-Razzie overlap: Poseidon is up for an award from both organizations. This is why the technical awards get no respect on Oscar night, because they bring in the riff-raff. Seriously, when Click is up for an Oscar, and Steven Seagal as a losing nominee came back to present the next year, that just brings down the level of the whole event.

No comments:

Post a Comment